- Changing the frontal on the altar, pulpit, lectern and tabernacle to the appropriate colour for the season or feast day.
- Preparing the elements and vessels and placing them on the credence table required our Eucharist services.
- Preparing the elements and vessels to be placed at the back of the naive.
- Setting up the altar for our Eucharist services.
- Decorating the chancel area with donated flowers and/or other materials as required or requested (i.e. palms for Palm Sunday, harvest vegetables for Thanksgiving, etc…).
- Laundering the fair linens and cleaning and maintaining the Eucharistic vessels.
- Maintaining the altar, pavement candles and candlebras each week.
- Laying out the pall in preparation for funeral services.
- Putting out the Paschal candle for specific services (baptisms, weddings, funerals and Sunday services between the Easter Vigil and Pentecost).
The Altar Guild serves under the direction of the Incumbent and is responsible for the preparation of the Sanctuary for our worship services. This preparation includes: