St. Margaret in-the-Pines Anglican Church is a Pastoral-sized parish in Scarborough, in an area identified by the United Way as a high priority neighbourhood.
The church is currently seeking an enthusiastic, creative professional to plan, develop, and implement faith based, age appropriate and high quality Christ-centred programs for children, youth and young adults. The person is to be a key leader, mentor and role-model for the children, youth, young adults of the church and the wider community.The position will:
- report to the Incumbent (Priest),
- work closely with the clergy and staff as well as with the Wardens and volunteers,
- maintain involvement in the liturgical life of the Parish,
- liaise with Diocesan and wider church resources,
- create an environment where children, youth and young adults feel welcome and want to grow in their faith,
- encourage cross-generational, diverse programming and relationships,
- work co-operatively with local churches and leaders in the wider community
- Three to five years proven experience working with children, youth, and young adults in a Christian environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian thought and principles.
- Training in theology will be an asset.
- Training in education and/or one of the social sciences will be an asset.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain relationships.
- A sense of humour and an energetic personality will be an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills to plan and deliver a variety of programs and projects.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills.
- Ability to prepare, manage and be accountable for the program budget.
- Ability to use software for design and presentation.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.